Jump Kick Punch! Ep.97: One Billion Hit Points

Play

Yeah, we guess it was alright.

This week’s incredibly spoiler-filled episode features some enthusiastic, intense, comic-canon-heavy discussions about the record-shattering box office phenomenon that is Joss Whedon’s Avengers! Why should you care about Ant Man? What is that extra scene in the credits all about? Where do we go from here? All of these topics and more await your eager, inquiring minds as opinions and theories are tossed about all willy-nilly during this lengthy breakdown. Plus, Harrison has a Vita, suddenly, and we answer some listener emails!

Hit the jump for this week’s related videos and images!

31 comments for “Jump Kick Punch! Ep.97: One Billion Hit Points

1. nik
    May 9, 2012 at 3:56 AM

I personaly didn’t like Bioshock 2 due to the story, but it was a good game…except the powers…the right combo made you overpowered (freeze skill + gas skill something ), so I just bashed my way through the game.
    also harrison, make a wii mod if you have the time and sell it as a unique console. I have a wii laptop mod idea and kinda need a spare wii to make tests and I would be glad to take it off your hands ( except it’n not pal ) :D

• nik
      May 9, 2012 at 4:06 AM

also I sent you an email about the 100th episode about 3 weeks ago and am just hopeing it’s not time traveling=)

• Andrew
      May 9, 2012 at 5:53 AM

88 miles per hour. Nicky!!! Great Scott!!

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I think people were more turned off on bioshock 2 because it and Riddick 2 waste start of games shoe hornig multiplayer to promote a market they have no business being in. I actually like the single player in both games but I can’t help but think they wasted so much assets on that aspect of gameplay.

If zack isn’t going to play his Persona 4 I will buy it off him because I have been wanting to play it for a long time (as long as its the ps2 version because I am not ever buying a ps3)

As much as I love the hiimdaisy comics I love the comic dubs strawberrycreme does a million times more. The VO work in it is hillarious, I would link it but I’m at work on my phone (hence all the typos in pervious comments)

2. Marxstone
    May 9, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Sadly Spider-Man and X-men will never be in the Avenger movie, because of movie rights to the IPs. via Sony owning Spider-man and Fox owniing X-men and everything mutant related.

• nik
      May 10, 2012 at 5:59 AM

so you are saying, even thou everything is Marvel, movie rights are seperated?

• Marxstone
        May 10, 2012 at 9:03 AM

yep, unlike DC which is all owned by Warner Bros. Marvel is owned by Disney, But individual IPs such as the X-Men, Spider-man, Punisher, and Blade are all owned by different movie companies. Hence why we got a X-men & Wolverine sequel and Spider-man movie so fast, because if they don’t use the IP then Disney can come outbid for it. So odds are very very slim we would get a tie end unless they could just agree to all make money..

• Patrick
          May 10, 2012 at 1:12 PM

The rumor mill is that Fox is going to sell back the rights to Fantastic Four.
          I believe Fox also owns the rights to deadpool which to my knowledge is still going to get its own movie with Ryan Renolds.

• nik
          May 10, 2012 at 3:53 PM

that I would really like to see :D
          oh and add spidey in the movie with deadpool and you have a winner=)

3. Patrick
    May 9, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Genderswap is rule 63. The anonymous post was me, sorry

• andrew
      May 9, 2012 at 7:24 PM

UNFORGIVABLE!!!

• Patrick
        May 9, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Sorry officer Andrew from the comment police :P

Also harrison it was an f-35 lightning II prototype. Also I know I sound like an ass I’m sorry again.

I’m really surprised you guys didn’t talk much on Maria hill being in the movie.

• Andrew
          May 10, 2012 at 2:01 PM

You’re not sorry and I’m not an admiral.

4. May 10, 2012 at 3:08 AM

My friends and I saw Avengers twice in one day (midnight premier and then again later in the day). I guess it was alright. The Chitauri looked more like Gears of War Locusts than anything else to me, especially with their flying whale creatures.

The Persona 4 “Endurance Run” is what got me to play Persona 3 when it came out on PSP.

I don’t think I could ever play 4 on my own now, becuase Jeff and Vinny sorta inserted themselves as characters in it. I am looking forward to the inevitable announcement of Persona 5, though

1 likes

• Brandon
      May 10, 2012 at 10:16 AM

“Yip yip.”

• Tom
        May 10, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Go finish the series.

• May 10, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Also, Funky Student should have been a party member.

1 likes

5. nik
    May 10, 2012 at 6:06 AM

I just got an idea (good or bad, you decide), that we all try together, to find the mystery soundtrack, since I don’t think we will guess it, the way it’s been going…anybody up for this?=)

2 likes

6. Alex
    May 10, 2012 at 7:52 AM

The intermission music is from Mr. Gimmick.

• Tom
      May 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Holy. Crap.

• Patrick
      May 10, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Holy crap, outta freaking nowhere!

• Brandon
      May 10, 2012 at 10:17 AM

WINNERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Alex, tune in next week for a fabulous prize that may or may not be a Steam game and is definitely a Steam game. Or whatever.

CONGRATS.

• nik
      May 10, 2012 at 1:00 PM

well you came out of fing nowhere :D

• alex
      May 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Damn, I’ve actually heard of that one too. I would have never guessed an NES game because it sounded too advanced to be one. It turns Mr. Gimmick actually had a special sound chip built into the cartridge (similar to the Japanese Castlevania 3) to make that possible.

1 likes

• nik
        May 11, 2012 at 7:18 AM

I was thinking the same thing…too good for a NES

• Alex
        May 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Pat the NES Punk did an excellent review of Mr. Gimmick on his website where he mentions the special sound chip.

7. Patrick
    May 11, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I forgot to add, Congrats Harrison on winning the Vita. Sadly chances are there will be a year until there is a good run of Vita games. Pretty much like the PSP run.

Also talking about collectors edition games and cloth maps I got a collectors edition YS set that came with a cloth map. :D just like the old days. Sometimes I think I’m the only one still playing a PSP

• andrew
      May 12, 2012 at 10:42 AM

YS was an awesome game! I would play my psp if i could find it, but it plus its power cord are lurking.

8. Brittany
    May 16, 2012 at 2:30 PM

The top image of the mini-Avengers is awesome! <3 Stealing it!

But seriously, am I the only one who liked Hawkeye in the movie? O.o;;

• Patrick
      May 16, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I did but I didn’t come to the movie to just see Hawkeye