Just before Nintendo gets ready to kick off another press event/developer roundtable at 6:00p (pacific) tonight, let’s go ahead and capture a moment in time where Reggie sat down with Geoff Keighly, seemingly willingly, and allowed himself to be cornered by an onslaught of questions.
Keighly, buzzing little gnat-like nuisance that he is, refuses to give the man any wiggle room as he attacks every opening that is provided– and there are many. Marvel as, live and on-camera, Reggie…
- states that Wii U’s online presence and capabilities are “for granted”
- Says the new controller is not meant to be a tablet while footage of someone using it as a tablet is played beside him
- refuses to say which development team made the garden-based demo of the Wii U’s processing power
- casually/carelessly affirms that there will be all-new Wii games coming out before Zelda that have not been announced yet.
- denies and skirts around the disappointing launch of the 3DS
- exhausts every ounce of restraint to stop from crushing Geoff’s head like a grape with his massive, bear-like hands
Truly a stunning display of corporate-level escape artistry. Catch the three-part interview after the jump!